With its historic buildings and leafy surrounds, the modern town of Berry is a delightful village to visit all year round.
Things to See and Do in Berry
In addition to a visit to the Museum, there are lots of other things to see and do around Berry.
The town boasts many cafes and restaurants, and two pubs. And don't forget the famous Berry Donut Van.
The Berry Produce Market is held twice a month on the second Saturday and fourth Sunday of each month from 8am to 2pm. Nestled among Berry's shops on Queen Street, the boutique market offers a variety of stalls selling handcrafted and specialty items, organic fruits and vegetables, and freshly made cupcakes and sauces.
For other handmade goods, visit the Berry Country Fair, held on the first Sunday of every month (except February) at the Berry Showground. Purchase local honey, bargain-priced antiques, locally produced handcrafts, or choose from a range of plants and flowers.
Shows and Festivals
The Berry Show is held anually in the last week of January or first week of February. Come see a real country show.
Berry hosts many festivals and shows throughout the year. Here are just some of them:
- National Motoring Heritage Day - a tribute to Australia's Motoring Heritage
- Berry Celtic Festival - a great day out at the annual Berry Celtic Festival, commencing with a street parade through the town
- Berry Spinners and Weavers Open Days - displays and demonstrations of working with fibre
- Shoalhaven Winter Wine Festival - held on the June long weekend
- Winter Orchid Show - a spectacular display of hundreds of flowering orchids
- Berry Camellia and Floral Show - see the exquisite camellias, cut flowers and pot plants
- Berry Small Farm Field Day - held at the beautiful Berry Showground
- Berry Antiques and Collectables Fair - there is something for everyone at the Berry Antiques Fair
- Shoalhaven Superheroes Festival - a seven day super awesome pop culture festival, with POP events at Berry, Bomaderry and Nowra
- Berry Gardens Festival - visit several of the beautiful gardens in and around Berry
More details about events in and around Berry can be found at Visit NSW.